Please be aware that tap shoes should fit snugly. As a rule, tap dancers should expect to replace tap shoes every year to continue having the proper fit.
Tap I - IIC
Girls: Capezio Mary Jane black velcro buckled tap shoes (3800C) or Bloch Tap-On (S0302G/L) black buckled tap shoe. Boys: Capezio or Bloch black oxford.
Tap IIIA - IIIB
Girls: Black Bloch Show Tapper Tap Shoe (B-S0323L). Boys: Capezio or Bloch black oxford.
Tap IVA - V, and All Adult Tap Classes
Black Capezio Cadence Tap Shoes (CG19) or Black Capezio Premier Teletone II Tap Shoes (CG09) and Black Bloch Show Tappers as needed.
Tap Dress Code
Tap I - IIIB
Plain leotard and tights (any color). No dance skirts or shorts.
Tap IVA - V
Leotard or crop top/dance shorts and tights (any color). Jazz pants or dance shorts are allowed at these levels only.
Boys - White or Black shirt and Black Jazz Pants.
All Adult Tap Classes
Comfortable clothing you can move in.
Modern Dance Attire
Leotard and Transition Tights – any color. Modern is done barefoot
African Dance Attire
Leotard and Transition Tights – any color. African is done barefoot
PreBallet, Ballet, Musical Theatre and Jazz Dance Attire
* Please Note: The proper fit for ballet and jazz oxfords is a snug fit. The shoes should fit like a glove but all toes need to lay flat. Dancers should have their ballet and jazz shoes prior to the first intensives.
PreBallet and Ballet Intensive I/II – plain leotard and tights, any color. Shoes needed – pink ballet shoes (canvas or leather)
Jazz Intensive I/II and III – leotard and tights, any color. Shoes needed - black jazz split soles - slip on (no ties).
Ballet Intensive III/Pointe – leotard and tights – any color. Shoes needed – pink canvas or leather split sole ballet shoes. Pointe shoes to be fitted by Miss Theresa in August.
Adult Jazz – comfortable clothing you can move in. Shoes needed –black jazz split soles - slip on (no ties).
Musical Theatre – comfortable clothing you can dance in. Shoes needed – jazz shoes, ballet shoes or black socks.
- Dance Attire and Shoes can be purchased through the studio during all registrations or Discount Dance Supply www.discountdance.com (1-800-328-7107) (use teacher code: TP26500 for discounts)
- If a dancer is not in appropriate attire they will be unable to participate in the dance class!
- No t-shirts, street shorts, jeans, jewelry or gum are allowed in any dance class.
- All hair should be up and away from face in a bun or ponytail for all dance classes.